30g Cocoa powder
100g Cake flour
50g Almond flour
1 Extra-large egg
80ml Canola Oil
100ml Fresh Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Essence
100g Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking powder
½ Teaspoon Baking soda
Pinch of salt
65g Dark Chocolate Chips or 65% Chocolate
50g Chocolate, melted
15g Raw Almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C.
- Coarsely chop the chocolates using a knife. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix (with a hand whisk) the eggs with the oil and sugar, until well complained. Add vanilla extract and milk and mix.
- On a separate bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and add salt and mix.
- Gradually whisk in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped chocolates or chips and gently mix with a spatula.
- Fill 6 Tulip Baking Cups with the muffin batter, I used 2 ice cream scoops for each. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the muffin cool before unmoulding.
- For the topping: put the chocolate in a heatproof small bowl over simmering water (in a saucepan or small pot) on medium heat, give it few minutes until it starts to melt then stir until it’s melted completely. Or, you can use a microwave to melt the chocolate at 30 seconds intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted and completely smooth.
- Use a teaspoon garnish the melted chocolate on the top on the muffins and top with chopped almonds. Enjoy:-)