CHICKEN FUSILLI PASTA
This is my easy weekday pasta dish, I was done cooking it in less than an hour. And I’m so happy to be sharing it with you all. I hope you will love it. The recipe serves 4.
250g Fusilli Pasta (1/2 of the 500g packet)
½ Large Red Pepper, roughly diced
½ Medium Brown Onion, diced
2 -3 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Chicken Skinless Breasts, cubed
1 Tablespoon Sundried Tomato Pesto
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
½ Cup Chicken Stock
½ Cup Pasta Water or normal water
2 Tablespoons Water
5 Tablespoons Double Cream
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated – (plus more for garnish\sprinkling)
2 Teaspoons Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Teaspoons Fresh Sage, chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
1 Teaspoon Chicken Spice
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder (optional)
½ Teaspoon Sea Salt and Pepper (each)
¼ Teaspoon Sweet Paprika
½ Cup Frozen Peas
Full Recipe Video
- Get everything ready before cooking.
- Cut a large red pepper into half, discard the seeds and remove the white membrane, cut it into strips then roughly cut into dice. Dice the onion, mince the garlic and finely chop all the fresh herbs (basil and sage). Cut chicken into bite size cubes. Set aside
- Cook fusilli pasta according to packet instructions. Keep the water aside and keep the pasta warm
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, followed by the cubed chicken, fry (to brown it), sprinkle a pinch salt, pepper and add paprika . Remove the chicken from the pan and place it into a small bowl. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add the remaining oil, butter and the diced onion, cook for about 2 minutes or until translucent . Add all the herbs and garlic, stir and then add chicken spice, onion powder, salt and pepper, stir. Pour 2 tablespoons of water, stir and add diced red pepper, then sundried tomato, stir and return the chicken pieces into the pan, stir and pour in the pasta water and chicken stock. Cook for few minutes, then add tomato paste, stir and let the sauce simmer for few minutes, allowing the flavour to develop.
- Add frozen peas, stir and let them cook for about 2 minutes. Then pour in the cream, followed by parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese has melted. Check seasoning by tasting and adjust as you wish (see note 1), add the cooked fusilli pasta (see note 2) then toss and until all coated with the sauce.
- Garnish the top with chopped fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese. Serve.
- I check the seasoning for my pasta dishes after adding any type of cheese, as the cheese has salt and adding too much salt in the beginning can ruin the meal.
- First add 2/3 of the fusilli pasta for easy tossing, and also this might enough, if not add the rest.