Hot Sriracha and Lime Chicken
Let me just state that, this is one sauce I wasn’t planning to give away, because to me, the sauces I create are treasured the same way I treasure my chocolate cake recipesJ. However, because some of you asked for the recipe, I had no choice but to oblige – because sincerely, this blog is for all of you that are inspired by my cooking.
About the recipe: this sauce is enough for 12 chicken pieces (just make sure you leave enough for basting). Sriracha is hot with a hint of acidity and a sour taste, nonetheless, because of all other ingredients I added I felt that the heat wasn’t enough when I tasted it and so I added cayenne pepper to amplify it, so if you don’t like too much heat, you may omit it.
Salt and Pepper
FOR THE SAUCE
6 Tablespoons Sriracha
Juice of 2 Limes
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 – 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Tomato Paste
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
½ – 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- For the sauce: mix all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl until all is combined, taste and adjust accordingly.
- Score the drumsticks and place all in a medium mixing bowl, season the drumsticks with salt and pepper then pour over half of the sauce, mix well and ensure every piece is generously coated with the sauce. Let the chicken marinade for at least 40 minutes (you can marinade up to 24 hours in the fridge).
- Preheat the oven to 190℃(for at least 20 minutes)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat (use cast iron if you have). Cook the drumsticks for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Baste each side after turning.
- Line a baking tray or pan with heavy foil, and transfer the chicken onto the baking tray. Baste again. Then let it bake in the over for 15 minutes, then raise the oven heat to 200℃, cook it again for 10 minutes – take it out and baste it again. Put it back and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Serve with salad or any way you like.