A Weekday Favourite
This one of my go-to weekday and quickest meat to make. And I usually serve it with roasted potatoes and salads. Without further ado, let me get down to writing the recipe for you. I however, feel like I should mention why I love this Asian chicken. What I love about Asian ingredients, more than anything, is their ease of use, their versatility and more importantly, they allow me to cook from the heart, which is what is in the centre of every meal I cook, and every treat I bake. And I sincerely hope that you get the same experience when making this chicken.
6 to 8 Chicken Drumsticks
For the Sauce
45ml Hoisin Sauce
15ml Oyster Sauce
30ml Soy Sauce
30ml Sweet Chilli Sauce
30ml Rice Wine Vinegar
Sea Salt and Pepper
30ml Sesame Oil
45ml Tomato Sauce
6oml Hot Water
Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
- For the sauce: Mix all on the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a medium mixing bowl, and stir until combined.
- Put the chicken pieces in a large zipper bag and pour in the sauce, make sure that all the chicken pieces are covered with the sauce. Seal the bag and leave the chicken to marinade for an hour at room temperature.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Place the chicken pieces into a baking tray lined with an aluminium foil (pour the remaining marinating sauce into a bowl for later). Bake the chicken for 30 minutes, then take it out of the oven and brush it with the marinating sauce, then bake again for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and place in a serving platter or plate, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.
- Understand your oven well, to determine baking\roasting time as the time given above serves as a guide.
- I didn’t measure the salt and pepper, and I advise that you use it according to your satisfaction.