For Chocolate Cravings
My guilty pleasure, Chocolate, Chocolate and more Chocolate…… and these cookies are just what I needed to satisfy my insatiable chocolate craving. Since I need to go back to indulging and feeding my craving, allow me to not bore you about all the reasons I made these cookies and get right into giving you this recipe. So here it is and I hope you will love it:-)
220g Unbleached Cake Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
160g Cold Butter
40g Desiccated Coconut
120g Dark Brown Sugar
80g White Sugar
1 Extra Large Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Paste (or 1 Teaspoon of extract)
1 Tablespoon Milk
180g Dark Chocolate (or any quality chocolate of choice), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180℃, and line a baking pan (slightly greased) with a baking paper.
- Weigh all the ingredients using a digital scale, and set aside.
- Sieve flour, add baking powder and bicarb, mix and set aside.
- Roughly chop the chocolate, set aside.
- Although I’m a fan of using my hands, I used cold butter for this recipe and so I needed to use a stand mixer instead. Beat butter on medium speed for about 2 minutes, then add sugars. Beat until all is well incorporated, and creamy, while you keep scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula (to ensure evenness)
- Add the egg and beat until it’s well combined.
- Mix milk with vanilla paste and add on the dough and mix.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Then add desiccated coconut and mix.
- Add the chopped chocolate, leaving about 10 to 15g aside (for later) and stir using a spatula until it’s well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place on the prepared baking pan (leaving some noticeable space in between to allow spreading while baking). Then top each scoop with one or 2 chocolate pieces that were set side.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown (see note 1)
- Transfer the cookies onto the wire rack to cool.
- Recipe makes 20 cookies.
- I always stress that its important to understand your oven well, as the baking time might vary because of that. So, I advise that you check the cookies after 12 minutes to see if they have well baked.