A Sensational Taste In Your Mouth
A while back, one of my followers on Twitter asked for a cookie recipe to use with kids as it was school holidays. At the time I referred her to the one in my book (here). However, I later realised that wasn’t a so easy recipe to play around with, with kids. Hence, now I thought I should make an easy one, and of course nothing tastes better than chocolate, even better when the chocolate is ensembled in a cookie dough. Even better when dunked in milk, the sensational taste of it melting in your mouth is out of this world, as one could forget about the problems of this world in that moment. For control and quick baking, I created a recipe that makes 12 to 14 cookies, so that I don’t over indulge and can have them as a treat. By all means, you can double the recipe to serve your family size. I hope you will enjoy it and please do let me know how it is.
60g Butter, at room temperature.
65g Chocolate (I used 71% Coffee Dark Chocolate)
75g Dark Chocolate Chips
75g Unbleached Cake Flour
Pinch of Salt
½ Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
20g Cocoa Powder
60g Dark Brown Sugar
40g Castor Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Extra Large Egg
- Preheat oven 170℃, and line a cookie tray with a baking paper.
- Put 65g chocolate along with butter in a heatproof mixing bowl, and melt over simmering water in a sauce pan on medium heat. Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let it cool for few minutes.
- Add sugar into the melted chocolate, whisk it a bit until it’s combined, then whisk in the egg, then add vanilla extract and whisk until everything is well incorporated.
- Sieve in flour, cocoa, salt and bicarbonate of soda, whisk until it gets hard to whisk and switch into a spatula and combine everything well.
- Add chocolate chips and fold them in with a spatula.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the chocolate dough, and use your hands to roll it into small equal size balls (uneven sizes are okay too).
- Bake for 12 mins, then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a glass of milk, enjoy:-)