The heat has been making it really hard to cook, yesterday there was fire on the mountain which created a heatwave. Yesterday I had planned to make hake with beurre blanc (butter sauce), but I couldn’t take standing over heat making the sauce and sides. So, I opted for the 15 minutes meal, which can be a side too. This was very simple to make and required few ingredients. It is something vegetarian can make without the chorizo of course, I know the title mentions the chorizo but it is totally optional if you are having this as a side or you are vegetarian. I hope you will enjoy it:-)
400g can Chickpeas
1 Tablespoon + 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Rosa Tomatoes
2 Spring Onions, more for garnish
3 Thyme Sprigs
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
¼ Teaspoon Tikka Masala Spice
Salt and Pepper
Feta Cheese for Garnish
- Roughly chop spring onions, slice chorizo, drain and rinse chickpeas. Set aside.
- Heat a medium pan on medium heat, drizzle with olive oil, about 2 teaspoons.
- Add chorizo and sauté until both sides of each piece are cooked, this should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take out the chorizo from the pan and in the same pan add the chickpeas.
- Sauté the chickpeas for a minute or two, season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a serving dish. And wipe the pan with a paper towel.
- Drizzle the pan with the remaining oil and add onions and thyme leaves, sauté the for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, and add cumin and tikka masala, stir.
- Cook tomatoes until the skin starts to come off or until they blister.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a serving dish that has chickpeas and combine.
- Garnish with spring onions, and crumble feta cheese on top then add chorizo slices.